Walter Hewitt have been engaged by a rapidly growing Exploration and Production company in Oman to source the services of a skilled Engineering Manager to join their team. This company have recently acquired a mature oil field in Oman and have significant plans to redevelop and greatly improve the field’s production rate.
The Engineering Manager will report to the Operations Manager and play a lead role in managing the company’s relationship with their EPC Contractor. They will lead a team consisting of process engineers, planning, cost and document controllers taking responsibility for their deliverables and significantly contributing to project delivery.
The Engineering Department will be accountable for the following:
- Management (including recruitment) of people that may be in involved in one or more of the following aspects:
Sourcing, tendering and contracting, mobilisation and management of expertise, equipment and materials required for executing engineering plans.
- The design, planning and construction of all surface related infrastructure and or surface equipment required for extraction, processing, mixing and transportation of HC.
- Operational Readiness such that as built facilities can be handed over to the production department.
- Engineering in combination with production will be responsible for maintaining the processing equipment and facilities.
- Take responsibility for maintaining the infrastructural elements required for the safe operation of any production equipment.
- Responsible for the necessary integrity tests of production equipment such that equipment is used at all times within their specified operating windows. Which will involve:
Repair methods and strategies
Mechanical integrity management strategy (MIMS)
Structural integrity management strategy (SIMS)
Pipeline Integrity Management Strategy (PIMS)
Well Integrity Management System (WIMS)
- Manage all logistical activities that are associated to above activities
- Ensure that all plans, documents and drawings of equipment, its use and its maintenance records are stored and document controlled, be it sub-surface or surface.
- Ensure that all activities are within national or local legislation and comply to company guideline and procedures
- Formulate together with Production Manager and Well Delivery Manager an operations plan
Special attention will be given to Front End Loading (FEL) projects as much as possible such that the possibility of value realisation is maximised during execution. He, she will contribute to:
- Selection of vessels, piping, pipelines, and other equipment
- Optimal material selection
- Mitigation and maintenance requirements for the intended period of operation
Ideal candidates will have a proven record of achievement ideally demonstrated with an operating company in engineering management and have managed a third party EPC Contractor. They will be highly skilled in translating office based business plans into operational programmes in the field and be able to demonstrate team building competence from a previous role. Candidates will ideally be degree educated to MSc level or above in a relevant discipline.
Get in touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing oil company moving counter cyclically from the rest of the industry. In return for your highly skilled services you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package encompassing expat benefits.
For further information on this and other Walter Hewitt Oil and Gas opportunities please submit your details via the apply button.