Expanding Middle Eastern Exploration and Production Company actively seeks a skilled Head of Finance to join their growing team in Muscat. This company operate an extremely fast paced efficient environment and have been able to rehabilitate mature fields into extremely cost competitive production operations. Due to a rotation in personnel the company are looking for a highly motivated individual not afraid of working in a highly demanding environment to join the team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver precise, clear and relevant financial presentations to Senior Management & Board which highlight areas of focus and support decision making.
- Deliver detailed and focused Budgets & Business Plans in which targets are clear, basis understood and includes impact analysis on items of materiality.
- Lead the continuous development of the ERP systems ensuring the basic processes are being complied with through rigorous reviews and exception reporting together with seeking greater levels of efficiency across the business.
- Lead the economic evaluation in understanding value drivers of the business which encompasses economic evaluation from well level through to field level and ensuring granularity and understanding on cost , production and pricing drivers.
- Ensuring all investment and commercial decisions are presented and delivered to stakeholders ( e.g. Board, Partners, MOG) in a clear concise and timely fashion.
- Ensure Monthly Management & Cost reporting is delivered in a timely, accurate fashion and includes variance analysis highlighting key areas of variation from Budget. This includes reports to Management , Joint Venture Partners and Government of Oman.
- Ensure a robust control framework is in place which all processes & procedures are documented and continuous review undertaken to ensure compliance.
- Support the business in greater understanding on cost drivers by delivery of detailed cost reports.
- Lead the Business Plan and Budget process from timetable, target setting through to presentation to Board.
- Management and development of the finance team ensuring training and development of personnel takes place leading to a high delivery and motivated team.
- Deliver to Partners & Government timely financial data in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Manage financial exposure and risks and ensuring process are in place to safeguard on cost recovery.
- Provide the business with advice in terms of technical financial approach
Ideal candidates will likely have the following experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounts or Commerce. Finance certification preferred is a plus.
- Experience working in the oil & gas sector and in PSC environment
- Must possess ability to present and articulate at the high level but not compromise the detail
- Prior experience in managing and development of highly motivated teams
- Excellent verbal and communications skills with proven track record in leading a finance function and working across multiple disciplinary teams
- Possess a “ can-do” attitude
- Prior experience of working in diverse cultures
- A team player who has the ability to work across the organization across different disciplines and with senior Management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
Get in touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing oil company in a very fast paced environment. It would suit candidates that enjoy a proactive and fast pace to their days and would offer lots of opportunity for personal growth. The position will come with a rewarding salary on either expat or local terms and can offer full relocation for the right candidate.
For more information please apply before the 18th August.