Walter Hewitt are currently engaged in a search for a fast growing Middle Eastern Oil Company to secure the services of a skilled and motivated head of subsurface to be based in Oman. This company have grown through excellent mature field rehabilitation and strong exploration successes to produce over 40,000 BOPD. They have further ambitions to grow both domestically and internationally and as such seek a committed and innovative head of subsurface.
The successful candidate will be based in Muscat in a team composed of both local and expat talent. There will be a strong emphasis on developing and attracting the best local talent inline with Omanisation to deliver on the company’s ambitious growth plans. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and manage all subsurface activities with primary focus on field development, well and reservoir management and hydrocarbon maturation for prudent development and redevelopment.
- Ensure that all discovered hydrocarbon reserves are properly evaluated and plans are formulated to produce the reserves in an orderly manner and on time.
- Utilise technical expertise and management skills to ensure all matters related to the company’s Oman reservoir, production engineering, development strategy and exploitation are carried on, in an economic and orderly manner.
- Evaluate and prepare feasible and economic development plans for each hydrocarbon reservoir.
- Establish and maintain proper communication channels to inform Management, Partners, Government Agencies and others to ensure that they receive pertinent and required information.
- Coordinate with other members of the Management team to ensure that all matters related to development and operations are carried out in an orderly manner.
- Accountable for overall costs, safety and environmental performance of the subsurface department.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a senior capacity within a growing upstream oil and gas company. They will have a broad technical competence base which covers Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering and Petrophysics for field development and demonstrate strong managerial, planning and organisational skills. Prior experience leading a mature field operation with lots of drilling activity in complex reservoirs would be highly preferable as would prior exposure building competence within a largely domestic work force. Candidates will ideally be educated to Masters level or above.
To learn more about this fantastic opportunity please apply to the vacancy and the Walter Hewitt team will be in touch.