Walter Hewitt have been challenged to source a skilled and experienced Project Manager to join a Junior E&P Company in London. This company are in the process of constructing surface facilities for a gas asset in North Africa and seek an experienced manager to bring the project through to completion on time and on budget.
On joining the company the successful candidate will report to the Country Manager and play a key role in the company’s stake holder relationships with partners, governments and service providers. They will direct and motivate the company’s facilities team to deliver to plan on key metrics: safety, environmental performance, reliability & operability, quality, cost & schedule.
Key tasks are as follows:
- Build and maintain a strong HSE culture supported throughout all parts of the project.
- Develop and maintain a suitable project management/engineering team to support the project activities through to completion of the performance tests of the surface facilities, and in relation with the strengths and weaknesses of the contractor and Group organisations.
- Manage the interfaces between/with key external stakeholders, including engineering & EPC contractors/sub-contractors, local community, suppliers and government agencies.
- Proactively manage interfaces with all internal stakeholders, including HSE, Subsurface, Drilling, Planning & cost control, Asset protection, Contracts & Procurement.
- Monitor and supervise the preparation, review and approval of procurement and contracting related to the surface facilities.
- Manage the performance of all project assurance activities related to the surface facilities. Support audits, governance reviews and reporting requirements.
- Proactively represent the company in tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement related to the surface facilities.
- Monitor and supervise day to day contractor activities and identify and implement corrective action as appropriate, ensuring that technical, quality, cost and schedule issues are properly resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure Contractors develop quality assurance/quality control strategies, procedures and plans which are appropriate to the technology/equipment and ensure their effective implementation.
- Manage the contractors design engineering activities to ensure compliance with the project objectives
- Manage the contractors engineering, procurement, pre-fabrication, manufacturing, inspection, factory testing and logistics activities to ensure the timely delivery of all required equipment and materials to the construction site
- Monitor and expedite site construction activities to ensure technical, quality, cost and schedule objectives are met
- Actively manage commissioning & start up and performance testing activities to achieve nameplate capacity at the earliest opportunity.
Successful candidates MUST have prior experience working in a junior E&P Company environment where they will have played a key role in delivering Upstream Surface facilities to gas compression projects onshore in the North Africa region. They MUST be able to demonstrate prior experience on projects with extremely challenging desert logistics far from other infrastructure. Prior experience of dealing with an NOC partner would be highly desirable and exposure managing internal and external stakeholder relationships is essential. Prior experience onsite at an engineering contract as the Operators rep would be extremely useful as would strong networks within the service sector especially around Gas Compression. As we have already started selection on this project please do not apply if you do not meet the above criteria and also please do not apply if you are not eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
Get in touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company’s newly formed management team as it seeks to deliver a strategically vital project. The position comes with excellent future career prospects and the chance to deliver a highly visible project to successful private equity owners. For more information please submit your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via +44 208 669 5682.