Walter Hewitt have been challenged to source a highly skilled and motivated Regional Operations & Maintenance Manager to join a rapidly growing wind energy company in Montreal, Canada. This business has grown rapidly since entering the Canadian market and is working hard to build a best in class team to meet their ambitions. The successful candidate will join the company’s team in Montreal, Quebec in the position of Regional Manager to provide support to the OM team.
The successful candidate will establishes and expands the company’s site Operation and Maintenance structure in Canada. (BC, Ontario and Quebec) by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Handles daily site level customer interaction, assists in resolution of site issues related to the company’s service contracts, establishes positive relationships with clients, suppliers and contractors and manages the Regional Service resources to fulfill our service obligations.
- Researches, plans and develops the required infrastructure and site management skill base to execute new contracts in developing sub-region, beginning with Ontario.
- Provides management and support to the Quebec Region growth through supervision of the Quebec Regional Manager and his team.
- Manages the Site Service resources in Canada to match requirements for routine maintenance, troubleshooting tasks and retrofit assignments, and organizes cooperation between subcontractors and service providers.
- Interfaces with Head of Service and the North America Service management team to optimize wind farm availability and production. Establish site level budgets and expenditure of wind farm operations. Optimize site tooling, vehicles and inventory levels.
- Ensures compliance with local HSE and work qualification regulations and procedures, including review of new work instructions and modifications.
- Interacts and cooperates with Technical support and Training functions to ensure technician skills are appropriately developed and matched to the field tasks.
- Experience in the wind industry and of Canadian local requirements.
- Fluent in English and basic knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of Electromechanical fundamentals, hydraulics, ohms law, series and parallel circuits, energy and power.
- Clear understanding of wind field service programs and warranty management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be available to make frequent travel between sites in the Region from Montreal.
Get in Touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing Wind Energy company in Canada. You will be rewarded for your efforts with a stable and long term career opportunity as you work to develop the Ops and Maintenance function to help the company meet its objectives.
For further information regarding Wind Energy, Operations and Maintenance positions and other renewable energy opportunities at Walter Hewitt Search & Selection please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position, please call +44 208 669 5682
Walter Hewitt Search & Selection are a leading Upstream Oil & Gas Search and Selection Company. To stay updated with all the latest Walter Hewitt Executive Search and Selection vacancies please join our LinkedIn group Walter Hewitt Oil & Gas