Walter Hewitt have been challenged to source the services of a skilled and motivated Senior Business Planner to join a well established Oil Company based out of Kuwait. This company have a broad range of international assets and seek candidates with experience of working with international business units set out in different continents.
The successful candidate will form a team of 3 in business planning reporting to the team leader for corporate planning in the business. They will assume overall responsibility for coordination with all departments to prepare a business plan that reflects the strategic priorities of the organisation. They will analyse the company’s peer group including the competitive business environment with the company’s performance and provide input to the commercial/economic feasibility of any new ventures to regions and senior management.
Key activities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist and support the coordinator in all activities and initiatives related to company strategy and portfolio management review.
- Assist in maintaining a database containing market intelligence and current knowledge of the key competitors in oil and gas markets, industry & market trends and commodity prices.
- Lead activities and actions related to reserve process, project stage gate system and any other specific assignments.
- Conduct capital tracking exercises.
- Ensure quality compliance and lead all efforts aimed at validating, administering, maintaining and updating the company’s economic models and corporate databases using PEEP and other tools.
- Lead the corporate planning department in supporting BD by assessing new business opportunities from a financial and strategic point of view.
- Assist in establishing the department as a centre of expertise on project evaluation theory and practice within the company.
- Lead the development and implementation of the yearly business plan process within the company in collaboration with all functional and regional teams.
- Be the custodian of the business planning process while carrying out all activities and processes related to the five year planning process and related activities.
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in the corporate head office of an international Upstream oil company supporting their efforts to grow. They will have a strong combination of skills across economics, strategy and portfolio management and will keen to work in a progressive and growing company. Prior experience working within a Middle Eastern culture will be seen as an advantage but not essential. Candidate must have a degree education in order to qualify for a visa.
Get in touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing international oil company as they seek to continue moving in a counter cyclical manner. Your work load will be varied and interesting and you will have the opportunity to work closely with the senior management team. For more information on this and other Walter Hewitt Search and Selection Upstream Oil and Gas vacancies please apply below.