Walter Hewitt are actively recruiting a skilled Omani national Senior Production Technologist to join a growing oil company in Oman. This company will be extremely active over the next 8 years drilling a high volume of wells and constructing a broad away of surface facilities to exploit the challenge yet rich subsurface conditions.
The successful Senior Production Technologist will be directly responsible for the review in agreement with drilling department – the well design and architecture that will be used on future wells. The incumbent will review existing data and plan and recommend additional data acquisition. For each well architecture/design and sensitivity analyses, the incumbent will prepare and provide the required vertical flow performance tables (Pipesim/Prosper) to include them into the reservoir simulation. In addition, he/she will obtain short term forecasts -from analytical methods (such as MBAL)- of well productivity based on its architecture and design. The incumbent will provide support to reservoir engineers for simulation and well testing and align results with Reservoir Engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Works with subsurface, wells and surface teams to mature and deliver Field Development Plans and other reports on wide range of green and brown field projects.
- Select, design and oversee drilling of onshore wells in conjunction with Drilling and Subsurface groups.
- Actively engage with Operations department to provide daily support to offshore operations on all matters related to Production System optimization. Responsible for well completion design including sand control technique/requirement.
- Ensure all well operations are conducted safely, ensuring best practice and compliant with company’s policies
- Challenge existing designs and operational processes in order to apply best technologies and practices, and minimise operating costs
- Identify, evaluate and propose innovative Production Technology strategies to enhance Well Construction and Well Operation performance.
- Fully understanding of Injectivity, flow assurance and formation damage behaviors in relations to any FDP/FFR development project.
- Establish general basis of design (BOD) for well completion in company fields.
- Define well completion standards for various completion phases (post-drilling, post-fracturing, post-completion) conforming to the Company’s barrier policy.
- Define velocity string requirement, if any. Establish velocity string specifications and installation schedule using production profile forecasted by company’s reservoir engineering team.
- Responsible for completion engineering evaluations that contribute to well planning, conceptual design, and material ordering.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute preliminary completion and operations design that permit the development and assessment of various well design concepts under consideration for current and future field development plan implementation. This involves concept definition, clear understanding of concept feasibility as well as development of screening estimates for time, cost and equipment required.
- Work closely with the Well Delivery teams to produce and assess several completion designs from sand face (reservoir) to wellhead.
- Selects optimum completion design taking into account all the lifecycle elements, installation risk, well intervention, and well treatment requirements, arriving at an optimum balance of cost, risk and value.
- Ensures that formal completion design reviews are carried out and documented with action points followed up and closed out.
- Actively pursue design improvements, incorporating learning points from appraisal wells and best practices from other Operators.
- Identifies subsurface uncertainties and develops plans to acquire production related data to mitigate the associated risks.
- University degree in a Petroleum Engineering Discipline, MSc and PhD preferred. Minimum 12-15+ years’ experience in and Exploration and Development settings. This must include a minimum of 10 years direct technical experience in similar role with demonstrated well delivery experience.
- Have the ability to engage in the main works as well as cooperates with other disciplines Able to monitor, analyze and report on well performance. Prepare Vertical Flow Performance (VFP) tables to be integrated within the simulation model.
- Previous experience with sour gas fields is an advantage.
- Good knowledge on production logging Production Testing/DST and well intervention activities, Well completions and recompletions operation knowledge.
- Solid capabilities within well performance analysis and surveillance techniques, gas lift production systems, design, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Fluent user of Prosper and GAP, Pipesim and Saphir.
- Knowledge of and affinity to completion equipment, drilling, production operations, well intervention and Well Services practices.
- Familiarity with well test and well treatment techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies for inflow and outflow optimization, including stimulation, enhanced perforating, enhanced well treatment techniques, and liquid loading mitigation.
- Practical experience working with an active operations team
- Practical experience of water shut off, zonal isolation, asphaltene treatment, scale inhibition and removal, stimulation, well integrity.
- Experience of artificial lift systems: ESP, Gas Lift, Jet pumps, sucker rod pumps,water injection systems, logging, perforating & testing, production well testing, production allocation and surface metering.
- Knowledge of field development, well delivery/servicing, production operations, field development planning, economic value assessment, value and technical assurance as well as value-creation methodologies and tools.
- Effective communicator, ability to coach / mentor younger staff and ability to think beyond PE discipline
- Software proficiency :-
- Well Model – Prosper, GAP
- Material balance – MBAL
- Reservoir surveillance – OFM
- Well test interpretation – Saphir (Ercin)
- Emeraude & Geo2Flow.
Get in touch
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Omani National to join a growing and dynamic oil company as it kicks off a vast operational campaign. Candidates will be rewarded with an upper quartile salary package and excellent opportunities for advancement. For further information and this and any other career opportunities do not hesitate to get in touch.