Walter Hewitt have been challenged by an Middle East based Oil Company to source the services of a skilled senior tax officer to join their international team. This company have operations spanning the globe and seek a skilled specialist to support a range of international transactions.
The successful candidate will join a multinational team of experts and will support the team leader in operating the company’s tax function. This will likely cover accounting, branch and fiscal financial statements, branch and fiscal account audit, statutory compliance, monthly inter-company adjustment statements, queries, operator correspondence, tax report and other coordination work.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Review the tax implication / planning of all new ventures.
- Fiscal accounting and preparation of local financials and jurisdiction account.
- Coordinate fiscal audits of subsidiaries.
- Fiscal queries: contact concern personnel for various financial information as and when required.
- Assist in the preparation of tax report on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assist in maintaining regularly updated master of calendar off All monthly, Quarterly Annual, Periodical tax filings, renewals and payments and initiate and complete the process.
- Ensure tax financial accounts incorporate all tax charges and a reconciliation of management and tax accounts on file.
- Maintain back ups for tax planning set in place respective of all countries.
- Assist team leader in reviewing taxes for each subsidiary for the budget and business plan.
- Provide on the job training and assistance and help develop the capabilities of subordinates to enable them to perform their job effectively and efficiently.
- Provide ongoing feedback in an objective and effective manner and appraise performance of any subordinates reporting to the position.
- Operate within established ERM policies and procedures and manage job related risks within established risk thresholds.
- Comply to end user policies, procedures and guidelines for all quality standards currently in force and facilitate and provide necessary support in any audits conducted in own department as per audit role assigned.
- Assume full responsibility for performing HSE related duties and roles as envisaged by HSE policies and standards.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate a number of years professional experience in the tax function of an Exploration and Production company and have exposure to a range of different international fiscal tax regimes. Prior experience supporting new ventures and business development activities would be an advantage and prior experience in either Asia or the Middle East is essential. Experience in the head office of an international oil company providing support to subsidiaries would be highly advantageous as would prior experience in an NOC with international operations. Candidates must be able to work with their own initiative and be able to relocate to the Middle East.
Get in Touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing International Exploration and Production Company in their Kuwait based head office. The candidate will gain exposure to a broad range of different tax regimes and build a network that Spans Canada to Australia. Candidates will receive a full tax free expat package and full relocation support. Interviews to be conducted in Dubai at the end of April and all candidates must be able to fulfill all paper work requirements to enter the UAE.
For more information on this and other Walter Hewitt Search and Selection opportunities please contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly via +44 208 669 5682.