Walter Hewitt have been challenged by an Middle East based Oil Company to source the services of a skilled Specialist for their Treasury and Marketing Department. This company have operations spanning the globe and seek a skilled specialist to support a range of activities including treasury operations and advice on international finance issues.
The successful candidate will join a multinational team of experts and will support the commercial manager in ensuring that the strategic alternatives and marketing are reflected in cashflow projections. They will be responsible for the company’s treasury operations and provide advice on international financing issues related to the Five Year Plan, New Ventures, Divestures and Acquisitions.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Advise the commercial manager on developing finance alternatives, which are available to the company, to meet organisational objectives and present pro’s and con’s inclusive of final recommendation.
- Advise and review treasury and marketing operations to ensure that they are carried out efficiently and in compliance with company’s procedures.
- Advise on cash movements and supervise the setup of IT to enable the Cash Flow System for the company.
- Advise & review Cash Flow repost for management and review impact of project financing and make recommendations.
- Advise the Treasury Group to ensure funding requirements are met/complied with in coordination with commercial manager.
- Advise on the lowest financing costs on corporate, bond or project financing and understand the implications and restrictions imposed for each type of financing.
- Advise on commercial reviews for all new ventures and recommends changes and amendments to operator proposed agreements to protect company interest after obtaining inputs from Legal.
- Provide on the job training and assistance and help develop capabilities of subordinates to enable them to perform their job effectively and efficiently.
- Advise on feedback in an objective and effective manner and appraise performance of any subordinates reporting to the position.
- Operate within established ERM policies and procedures and manage job related risks within established risk thresholds.
- Comply to end user policies, procedures and guidelines for all quality standards currently in force and facilitate and provide necessary support in any audits conducted in own department as per audit role assigned.
- Assume full responsibility for performing HSE related duties and roles as envisaged by HSE policies and standards.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate a number of years professional experience in the treasury function of an Exploration and Production company and have exposure to crude oil trading and transportation departments. They will have a broad knowledge of the different financing structures and have networks with the various lenders. They should be used to advising on corporate strategy and having experience of JV’s and more specifically partner operated projects would be ideal. Prior experience in a Middle East Oil Company would be an advantage as would broad global coverage.
Get in Touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing International Exploration and Production Company in their Kuwait based head office. The candidate will gain exposure to a broad range of different tax regimes and build a network that Spans Canada to Australia. Candidates will receive a full tax free expat package and full relocation support. Interviews to be conducted in Dubai at the end of April and all candidates must be able to fulfill all paper work requirements to enter the UAE.
For more information on this and other Walter Hewitt Search and Selection opportunities please contact the team via email@example.com or contact us directly via +44 208 669 5682.