Technical Services Manager – SE Asia
An interesting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Services Manager to join this Gold Mining Operation that is poised for growth in SE Asia with further exploration upside and mergers & acquisitions opportunities currently being explored.
You will be joining the leadership team and be an integral part of the business achieving their growth aspirations.
The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for providing stewardship of the Technical Services Department, including Geology, Geotechnical, Hyrology & Hydrogeology, Mine Planning & Design, Drill & Blast, Survey, UXO Detection & Clearance. Additionally you will be responsible for the whole of business planning processes from life of mine to monthly plans, managing technical elements of resource development, mine geology, mine design/planning and grade control.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- You will have held positions such as Technical Services Manager, Mine Planning Manager or Integrated Planning Manager with demonstrable experience in large scale gold or base metal operations.
- Experience in challenging remote operations environments managing multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Possess a strong technical background
- Degree educated in Mining, Geotechnical, Geology or similar discipline with Post-Graduate education in a Business or Mineral Economics related discipline would be an advantage
- Previous experience working in South East Asia would be preferred, however experience from other remote locations will also be considered.
- Strong leadership experience coaching, mentoring and development of direct reports and high potential employees
- A high level of conceptual and analytical skills, coupled with problem solving capabilities.
- Non-negotiable approach to safety and environmental policies.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the business and both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to speak both English and Mandarin or related is an advantage.
This is an attractive expatriate assignment either on a residential basis with rotation to site or a longer FIFO rotation from your place of origin.