A global developer of Renewable Energy projects that manages the entire life cycle of a project currently seeks a Head of Energy Storage to join their dynamic team in Madrid.
- Direct and lead overall strategy, design, and implementation of utility-scale energy storage systems.
- Develop key strategic relationships with major vendors, suppliers, and contractors throughout the energy storage sector.
- Lead and assist with the development of key agreement strategies, terms and deployment of energy storage systems.
- Cost inputs to CapEx and OpEx models utilising current industry contacts and knowledge from the industry.
- Coordinate with peers to prepare technical specifications relating to energy storage systems
- Lead and support colleagues throughout the origination, development, procurement, negotiation, and completion of all energy storage projects.
- Support Construction and Engineering teams during the completion of energy storage projects.
- Interact with other business areas including Development, Origination, Procurement, Finance, Energy Assessment, Engineering, and Construction to conduct planning and due diligence.
- Participate in developing and managing reports to management by producing regular and frequent project updates.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams
- Provide strategic leadership as well as technical support to procurement for the preparation and completion of RFP’s for vendors and contractors.
- Minimum of MSc degree in an Engineering related discipline i.e. Electrical, Chemical.
- Combination of technical and engineering and management experience in energy storage.
- Experience in contracting and execution of utility scale energy storage capital projects.
- Experience in battery energy storage designs
- Knowledge of contracting EPC’s.
- Strong industry knowledge and contacts with key suppliers.
- Energy Storage costing experience.
- Analytical Problem Solver, Strong Communication, and Technology Expertise.
- Engineering economics and design optimisation.
- Highly knowledgeable in energy storage related equipment and installation costings.
- Strong interest in renewable energy and utility business