Walter Hewitt have been sourced by a leading international Solar EPC Company to secure the services of a skilled Senior Project Manager to join their London based team. This company have a broad range of projects covering Europe, America, Asia and Africa and is continually expanding both technologically and geographically to create a diversified business for a new energy landscape. Following a number of recent project awards the company seek a highly motivated senior project manager with solar experience to join their team.
The successful candidate will join this company’s construction team where they will manage a number of key client’s projects. They will work closely with the design & engineering team, Construction projects director, site engineers and the finance team to deliver projects on schedule and within budget. They will also work with sub contractors, equipment suppliers and developers ensuring all stakeholders share the common project completion goals.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Perform site surveys to establish local conditions which affect solar plant design, as well as researching local supply costs for inclusion in the project budget.
- Work with the Design & Engineering Team to review project documents and information provided by a Client/developer, and throughout the design process.
- Work with the Project Director to prepare a detailed project budget, which will need to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project.
- Develop detailed programme of works (PoW) to track progress.
- Manage the project implementation activities, ensuring routine QHS&E standards are met. Execute risk assessments for the projects and proactively solve any matters occurring on site in conjunction with the Site Engineer (escalating to the Project Director if required).
- Report any discrepancies from the PoW, budget or scope to the Project Director. Handover of the project to the internal Operations & Maintenance team.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelors degree in electrical engineering and will be certified in Project Management E.g PMP/Prince II. They will have a proven track record in the construction of solar parks, with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in large scale solar plants (min. 15MW). They should have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills and a proven record of success leading multi disciplined teams.
Get in Touch
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing solar EPC company. The candidate will enjoy working with a diverse and energetic team that thrives on challenging projects. They will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and have excellent opportunities for career development. For further information on this and other Walter Hewitt Renewable Energy opportunities please do not hesitate to get in touch.